Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sugar and Spice or Snails and Puppy Dog Tails?


First of all, this is my first time doing two posts in one day. Wow! I know.

Tomorrow I go to have my ultrasound where I get to find out whether it's a boy or girl. I know there's a chance that I won't even find out, but I am really hoping that the baby cooperates. For years I have said that I don't know what to do with boys, so I would prefer to have mostly girls. But lately I think I've really come around to liking these baby boys. Even though I wouldn't get to put cute bows in their hair or dress them in really cute dresses, I think I would very happy with having a boy. Plus every person I meet tells me how much easier boys are to raise. They don't have the mood swings that girls do, and they are just all around much easier. I wouldn't know since my older and only brother is about 15 years older than me. I grew up with all girls, and that's all I know.

On the other hand I have always wanted a boy. At least for the first child. I think it's the traditional side of me that wants them to take care of their younger siblings and there's whole birthright thing. I also want a boy so Miles can have a son, and he can teach him all about sports and how to be tuff. I would love to be able to go to my son's football games, basketball games, or whatever sporting event he's in.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that for the first time in my life I would love having a boy, and that no matter the result tomorrow I'll be happy!

4 comments:

miles said...

I think it's going to be one of each.

Jen R. said...

Miles I think you'd know by now if there were two in there. I can't decide. Best friend for Adelyn or a little miles running around to terrorize her? either one would be good. Call me when you know!!!!!!

miles said...

I do know. She's gonna be hyuuuge.

NanRomn said...

One of each is always nice!