Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Belly Rubbing


I knew that when I got pregnant I would be confronted with this issue at least once, if not often. The issue of people touching my belly. There are two types of people that touch bellies - those that ask if they can touch, and those that don't ask and just start touching.

Just this week I have had former students start touching by stomach. I'll see them in the hall, and they stop to talk to me. Of course they are all very excited I'm pregnant which is really quite cute. But then, all of a sudden, my belly is being touched! And it's not just being touched sometimes, it's being rubbed! I don't want to hurt their feelings (by the way all these instances have been with formal female students), but I don't really enjoy them rubbing or touching my stomach. So what do I do? Do I rudely tell them, "Please don't touch my stomach"? Or do I just suffer through? And what about those that do ask? If they are really creepy I have no problem saying no. But what about those that are really sweet, but I just don't want touching my stomach?

What do I do! I still have 22 weeks to go. I'm thinking I should wear the shirt shown above. I like green.

Disclaimer: I am totally okay with family and close friends touching my stomach, so don't take offense.

4 comments:

miles said...

I just ordered that shirt for you.

Jen R. said...

I'm so glad miles ordered that shirt. I hated this too. Wait till the comments come about how fat you are...how big you're getting...how so and so is the same amount of weeks as you but so much smaller....you must be due any day! I don't know what to tell you.

Jacob Romney said...

I don't want to touch your stomach anyway. Unless he's kicking really hard.

NanRomn said...

Miles kicked so hard, he moved the serving table at a R.S. dinner.