Thursday, July 9, 2009

No More Super Baby!!

Last week I reached a verdict. There will be no more "SUPER BABY!" (That's when I lift Zo up in the air and pretend he's "SUPER BABY!") This verdict came after I got spit up IN THE MOUTH for the SECOND TIME!! Most baby things aren't really gross to me, but spit in the mouth is absolutely disgusting!!! I cannot even tell you what a nasty taste it left in my mouth!! And of course it was on the day of his doctors appointment so I was dressed in a cute outfit with my hair actually done. So not only did it get in my mouth, but on my clothes and in my hair. YUCK!

Today was the day that Zo ate his first solid food. Hooray! For me it was very cute so I thought I would share the video even though it might be kind of boring for you. Although if you really love Zo you'll watch it! I don't think he has fully gotten rid of the reflex where he pushes everything out with his tounge, so a lot ends up on his bib instead of in his tummy.

Before the rice cereal



Eating the rice cereal... if that's not obvious.

As for other updates with Zo, he's more smiley than ever and is such a good baby. He was so patient when he was getting his CT. The radiologist tech wedged his head between this foam head thing so that he wouldn't be able to move it very well. But he kept trying to sit up, so she taped a towel around his head so that he couldn't move it in any direction. And just to be sure he didn't even wiggle, I had to hold his chin during the scan. He was so good, and I was so proud of him! And when he went to the doctor the week before and got his shots, he didn't even cry! He is going to be one tough cookie. Especially since Miles throws him around like a rag doll. :)

We heard back from the doctor earlier this week and found out that it's not the bones at the top of his head they are worried about closing early, but rather the two on the side. The radiologist saw the problem, but the doctor wasn't sure he agreed, so he sent the films off to a pediatric radiologist. That might take weeks to hear back from him/her.

I'm going to go pick a copy of the CT tomorrow so Miles can take it to the surgeon he is doing his rotation with. The surgeon offered to take it up to the radiologist and the neurologist and get their opinion. This is when I'm especially glad Miles is in the medical field!

As for the house, we have it listed with a realtor, but still haven't had any bites. Bummer!

And lastly, a few pics from the Fourth of July...

2 comments:

miles said...

First!

NanRomn said...

I'm glad your July 4th was better than ours.... I walked out the front door and glanced down the road for a glimpse at one or two fireworks. We were catching up after our 4-week trip to Utah, and we didn't take much time to celebrate. We did cook steaks and enjoy our traditional July 4th banana splits. I hope next year will be more exciting.