Friday, July 31, 2009

Closing Time

Today was the closing event of the past two years - Miles' graduation from PA school. Yay!! I am so proud of him and very excited that he is no longer a student. The graduation ceremony wasn't long which was nice. The speaker was quite entertaining considering he said he could hear so-and-so's Kegels and told a medical version of snow white and the seven drug dwarfs. He also confessed of a prank he did while he was a PA student. Before a surgery patient went under anesthesia, he told the patient that if she saw a light at the end of the tunnel when they gave her the anesthesia that meant she lied about her weight. So he asked her if she had anything she needed to tell them before they put her under. He was definetely the most entertaining graduation speaker I've ever heard.









Now what to do to celebrate?! Last night we got together with our PA friends, played Halo 3 with 8 players on two TVs at our house during the afternoon. It was madness!! I don't play well with that many people. I think I disappointed Miles because usually with his friends I can actually hold my own. Not this time. then in the evening we went to a BBQ in Blackfoot where we ate, had fun talking, and played some kickball. I haven't played kickball since elementary school. It was very fun!! Tonight I think Miles wants to just relax unless he changes him mind.



I want to tell Miles congratulations, and that I love him!!! You've worked so hard these past two years and now it is paying off. I appreciate your willingness to provide a living for our family, and I'll try not to be a singularity that spends all your money before you even see it. :) But you never know what might happen when your mom and I go shopping in Kansas City!



"Closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

7 comments:

emiflute said...

Congratulations Miles! What an accomplishment! Sounds like you celebrated in style. Any luck selling your house?

Jen R. said...

COngratulations miles!

Kallista said...

Congrats Miles! That is a great accomplishment. Little Zo is adorable.

NanRomn said...

Someday you will look back on this photo when Zo graduates. Then you will realize all your hard work has paid off again.

NanRomn said...

I'll be waiting, with wallet in hand, Celeste :)

Unknown said...

I am finally getting around to commenting.
CONGRATS MILES! We are so very proud of you. Good luck on your upcoming test. You will do great.
Celeste, the graduation pictures are so cute. What a handsome family!

mindy said...

Just letting you know that we would LOVE some pictures of Missouri :D.