Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This is why I hate baking

So lately I have been baking more, and thinking that it's not so bad. Mind you I mean baking, NOT cooking. But today I was reminded of why baking makes me sooooo mad.






Today is Miles' birthday. Happy Birthday sweetie! So for his birthday I am making his absolute favorite cake that his mom always made. It is really good, but it takes FOREVER. Nancy says she used to start the cake 3 days before Miles' birthday. So as you can see from the picture the cake did not come out of the pan, and now it is totally ruined! Crying, screaming, and cursing are all things I wanted to do. What are my options? Not having the cake or trying again tomorrow. I guess attempt #2 will start early tomorrow morning. So to everyone that's coming over tomorrow I apologize if I'm a little on the grumpy side.
P.S. Miles, I hope you know how much I love you if I'm attempting to bake this cake again!
P.S.S If anyone wants to get me those cake pans where the bottom comes off for my birthday, I'd be okay with that.

1 comment:

NanRomn said...

Sorry, Celeste! The "cake with no name" was very good.