Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Mart


On Saturday I finally went to Nebraska Furniture Mart, which I've been wanting to do for months. I went with Miles, Zo, Jen, Jared, Adelyn, and JR. We walk in and immediately we see the best vacuum ever made - the Dyson Ball DC25 (which I bought a few months ago). Miles only knew that I had spent "a lot". He saw the price tag and said, "You spent that much on a VACUUM?!?!" Thankfully Jen was there to justify my purchase and explain that you can either buy a crappy $200 vacuum every 2 years because it breaks so easily and quickly, OR you can buy a nice vacuum that will last a minumum of 10 years. At our last house we had a central vac, and I hardly ever vacuumed because the carpet attachment stopped working after about 8 months of living there. I have probably already vacuumed twice as much in the past 2 months as I did the whole 2 years we were in Idaho. I love my Dyson.
Anyway, back to The Mart. It was so fabulous, I can't even tell you how much fun this store is. It is HUGE! We were there for 1 1/2 hours and probably only saw 30% of the stuff. We found an office chair, TV, projector, and sectional that we want. All for really good prices too. I also found out that our last couch chafed Jen's arms, so we had to make sure to get Jen's approval on every couch we sat on to ensure it wouldn't chafe her arms like our previous one.

I love Nebraska Furniture Mart and want to go back and spend many more hours. Hopefully next time I go I'll have some money and I can actually buy something.
I also have to thank the men for coming with us and being really good sports. You're the best!

2 comments:

Jen R. said...

Miles was way better than jared...but probably cause you guys are actually looking for stuff and we weren't. Sorry i never told you about the couch before. Seriously I hated that couch.

Jen R. said...

PS. We must go again with out the boys...and it would be awesome if we got a baby sitter.